Chichen Itza: One of the New 7 Wonders of the World
The most important archaeological zone in Yucatan, ancient capital of the Mayan Empire and voted one of the new Seven Wonders of the World due to its extraordinary architecture beauty and its geographical location.
Chichen Itza Express Tour includes your van and driver for the day, entrance into the ruins, tolls, parking, taxes & insurance.
It does not include guide in the ruins or lunch. You can either make this a quick tour or you can spend the whole day in Chichen Itza. Your driver can suggest places for you to stop for lunch.
- Round trip air-conditioned transportation exclusively for your group
- English speaking driver, entrance fee to Chichen Itza, tolls and parking
- DOES NOT include guide in Chichen-Itza (Optional, 800 pesos ~ approx $75 USD for a 90 minute guided tour) or a tip to the driver if warranted.
It is a 2 and a half hour drive from Cancun. I suggest a 7 AM – 8 AM departure. Stay there for 2.5 – 3 hrs. Walk in the town, buy a few gifts, have lunch at one of the restaurants in Chichen-Itza, head back to Cancun early or go to Valladolid to see a small town. It is a great place to take a few photos in the park. It is up to you!
ALL sites of ruins close at 5PM. Please plan your time accordingly.
- Add On option Ik Kil cenote & buffet lunch: Stop at the beautiful cenote Ik Kil to swim in the fresh waters and have a buffet lunch of traditional dishes from the Yucatan including salads, rice and beans, grilled fish, chicken in an orange sauce, pork loin done in a classic Mayan sauce, beef tips, fettuccini primavera, fresh fruit, desserts and tea or coffee. Does not include tip or other drinks. Additional cost: $10 per person
- Add On option Ek Balam Ruins: Climb tthe ruins and see the distinct carvings up close. (Cancun, Puerto Morelos & Playa Paraiso Hotels ONLY) Additional cost: $10 per person
- Add On option Coba Ruins: Climb these ruins too! This site of ruins is off the beaten path. (Playa del Carmen, Puerto Aventuras, Akumal & Tulum Hotels ONLY) Additional cost: $10 per person
Pack for this tour:
Sunblock, sunglasses, hat, bottle of water, camera.